Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Natural.

Mornings are important to me, they set the tone for the day. So you can imagine how I felt this morning when I woke up at 6:15 am. Yeah that is early.... but not early enough when you were supposed to be at work at 6 am! I've worked at a coffee-shop working mornings for a long time now and am proud to say that this is the first time this has ever happened! I still managed to make it into work within 20 minutes of waking up. This meant that I went to work with sopping wet hair and had to do my makeup once I got there (thankfully I had packed my lunch the night before!!) 


Most people don't know this because I straighten my hair every morning, but I have curly/wavy hair. So the sopping wet hair that I arrived at work with turned into curls. Even my aunt who came to get a coffee from me was surprised to find this out. I've never really been a fan of the curls, mostly because sometimes I feel like it is out of control. I like to call it my lioness mane. So imagine my surprise when almost all of my regular customers commented favorably on it. My Mom is reading this right now saying, "I told you so!" One customer even said that they thought it looked better than my straight hair.... Imagine the time that I could save and spend sleeping! 


So how about some food shots... Today was a super snacky/hungry day, maybe because I had so much adrenaline moving through my body immediately?!


Food Diary: March 22
Breakfast: Thank goodness we have oats at work!
I wish they weren't quick oats though. The texture and taste just aren't the same as old fashioned oats.
If you haven't experienced the wonderfulness that is old fashioned oats, than you can't say you don't like oatmeal!

mmmm berries and an Annie's peanut granola bar and a dollop of greek yogurt.
Plain lunch today! Just the veggies and some spinach.
It wasn't enough to hold me over for long though.

 Afternoon snack attack!!!! Evenly spaced through the afternoon!
By the time I got home at 6:30 pm I was famished! Thankfully I had gone to the grocery store so there was food to be had! But my mind was gone with hunger so I just went with my leftover frittata, some whole wheat seedylicious bread, and snacked on Kettle chips while everything got warmed up!
It would have been pretty easy to forgo a picture of the chips, but I gotta own up to all the little nibbles I take throughout the day!
After dinner had settled I went for one of the best runs of my entire life. When I first started running it was hardly ever delightful and the idea that someday I would enjoy it so much was pure insanity.
The run I had tonight is exactly what I've been working so hard for; a run that was close to spiritual. There were a lot of factors that went into it, including the amazing evening that included a red sunset, still waters, the perfect temperature and birds chirping. But more than any of those things, I felt like I could run forever. Today, for the first time I felt like an actual runner. I wasn't fighting it, there was just me and the road. It was almost emotional? No... thats not the word, how about magical? I don't know. Either way, for the first time 13.1 miles didn't seem unattainable and that is a pretty big deal in my book!

No time for creativity tonight! Still all natural though! (Sort of treating myself because I lost 1.4 pounds this week! This photo-food-diary-accountability stuff really works!)
Sign of Spring! And the Cherry Blossoms are blooming! Hooray! Tomorrow I plan on wearing flip-flops and not because I don't have time to put on real shoes!

1 comment:

  1. I hate waking up late! Worst feeling ever! Ick.

    And as a curly haired dame...I hear you. Maybe I've embraced my curls\waves a bit more than you but it's hard to rely on them. Straight hair is straight everyday. Curly hair is not as nicely curled everyday; it's like playing Russian Roulette. I try to let my hair decide if it's going to be curly or straight haha,...since it has a mind of its own anyway...but let's be honest...straight hair is way easier to manage.

    Good work on the 1.4 lbs! And even more exciting that you came to peace with running. I LOVE those moments.

    ReplyDelete