Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Year of...

According to the Chinese calendar, I was born in the year of the lion.  I'm not really sure what that means, but it sure does sound ferocious. So I guess I like that. I could look up what 2017 is supposed to be... but I'd rather just give it a fun name! 


2017 the year of the daffodil. 
The daffodils I bought in 2016 bloomed in 2017!

Doesn't sound ferocious does it? That's OK though, daffodils may not be ferocious, but they sure are determined. Their bulbs get planted in the fall. They spend the entire freezing cold, wet, and miserable winter in the ground. The whole time they are just waiting for the right time. The right time to make their way above ground and bloom. They are determined to make it through whatever is happening around them and in the end they bloom with a bright hopeful flower. Daffodils are one of the first signs of spring, and to me that means they are flower of hope for the future. So yeah... not ferocious... but I'd take determined any day.
2017 Resolutions
#2: After spending much of the last month of 2016 with a terrible cold, I'm needing all the extra vitamin c I can get! So far I'm knocking this one out of the park. Every day of 2017 I've had an orange. 
#3: I miss running. My knee is still holding me back from it, but I can still get moving and history has taught me that the best way to get motivated to get moving is to sign up for a race! I've already had a few friends volunteer to join me too! I may be walking, but it's something!
#4: Now that I'm working a schedule that is pretty much 9-5 (and not at a restaurant), I really need to plan my meals our ahead of time.
#5: Why do I need to check my phone every ten minutes? The answer is that I don't. So, baby steps with this one, but I deleted the Facebook app from my phone a few days ago. So far it's been pretty freeing! 






#1: Read at least one book a month.
#2: Eat more oranges.
#3: Walk or run a race.
#4: Meal plan.
#5: Be on my phone less.

#1:I was pretty horrified when I was trying to remember back to how many books I had read in 2016. Seven.  I haven't kept a list any where so it could have been a few more, but probably not even ten. The past couple of years I've been slowly slacking on reading but this is such a low for me. I'm really hoping that I not only reach my goal of 12, but that I surpass it.






No comments:

Post a Comment