Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Resolutions.

Last year was pretty awesome.... 2014 has a lot of living up to do! I already have some amazing things planned, but lets get down to the nitty gritty. It's resolution time!

Here are the resolutions I've had since creating this blog:

2013:
#1: Run for fun. Don't get injured. Run another half-marathon.
#2: Read for fun.
#3: Show more love. 
#4: Plan a trip somewhere I've never been.


2012:
#1: Run a FULL MARATHON
#2: Make chores a priority
#3: Save Money
#4: Eat out less often


2011:
#1: Give more
#2: Read with meaning
#3: Take more photos and learn more about photography
#4: Run a half-marathon
#5: Eat clean

2010:
#1 is: Be Fearless....No matter what, don't be afraid to do anything that makes me happy.
#2 is: Travel more
#3 is: Read 100 books
#4 is: Drink more water

Life Resolutions:
Travel the world, drink more water, be more fearless, give more love the little things.

Some of these resolutions I've checked off with success, while others seemed to fade as the year went on. Most of them have caused me to lead a healthier and happier life. Take 2010's Drink more water. I made that resolution because I had a serious problem with diet soda. Like 7ish a day. No joke. While I still on occasion drink a soda, I now drink primarily water. I actually don't remember the last time I drank a soda! While being fearless is something I will always struggle with, my resolution to run a half-marathon was a success and I found a love for running!

So here we go for 2014! The list of things that will determine my goals for not only my coming year, but also set in motion things that will affect me for the rest of my life. 

#1: Read 30 books.

Yes that is an arbitrary number. Its challenging enough because it is as many books as I've read in the past two years combined, but also completely attainable if I set my mind to it. 

#2: Stretch.

This is such an important resolution for me. Even through training for 3 half-marathons I've never been a dedicated stretcher. I know there are many views on how important stretching is or isn't, all I know is that my muscles need it and feel better when I do it. It could possibly be the only way I get back to achieving my exercise goals. So yoga here I come. 

#3 Sign up for a race.

Any distance. I just need to get back into racing again! I love the challenge and need to get a jumpstart! I also believe this resolution will set me up for an even bigger 2015 running resolution. 

#4: Blog at least once a week. 

Don't roll your eyes! I can do this! I just need to make it a habit. Also, If I'm reading more it will be easy to at least put a book update in! 

So there you have it, 2014's resolutions. All completely doable! Watch out 2014 I'm coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment