Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Fresh Start.

I'm pretty big on new year's resolutions. January 1st is a fresh start for most and I partake accordingly with resolutions and optimism for the new year. January 1st is an arbitrary date and your fresh start could begin any day at any moment.... The beginning of the year just so happens to be a popular date.

At the beginning of the calendar year I'm like everyone else and set goals for the coming year, it's not until my birthday that I feel like I get my fresh start . As you may know, I'm a little superstitious.... so every year I do a little preparing for the 11th of February. Basically I get super OCD. It might be because it is a touch closer to Spring or maybe because I don't have Christmas clogging my time, but I get kinda crazy with the cleaning. Most years that means my floors are clean, the laundry is all folded and my sink is clear of dishes. This year I seemed to take it a couple of steps further, I cleaned out every inch of my house. I went through my closet, bookshelves, jewelry box, under the bed, all my drawers and every basket! Enough to pack my car with donations for Goodwill. I can't even tell you how good that feels! Everything in my house has a place and there is no clutter to be found. I completed tasks I've had on my to-do list since I moved into this house. That box of CD's that I haven't touched for years?! All imported on to my computer! I feel like a load has been lifted off of my shoulders!

When I wake up tomorrow it will be to a clutterless home! I can't think of a better birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment